Hurricane Gustav Response Fact Sheet – 8/31/08 Edition
1) Yes, we are responding.
· EFCA TouchGlobal Crisis Response Team has evacuated to Pensacola and will be making an initial reconnaissance on Tuesday 9/2. Our current plan is to be ready to start receiving volunteers on Thursday 9/4 at Trinity Church in Covington, LA… assuming it is still there.
· For up to date info go to www.efcacrisisresponse.blogspot.com
2) How can I help? Please organize a team and come!!!
a. We will be using the same process (and for now, forms and paperwork and costs etc. ) as we have been using for Katrina Relief Teams.
b. Go to www.efca.org/katrina/team ,
c. Find the link for pdf Team application
d. Complete and fax application to 985-893-0175 AND!! Email email@example.com
e. We will charge a reduced fee of $120 per person per week for teams arriving in September.
· Churches or individuals who are organizing teams should email Katie Hooks at firstname.lastname@example.org
· WE NEED INDIVIDUALS TO ORGANIZE TEAMS FROM THEIR LOCAL CHURCH/AREA RATHER THAN COMING AS A SINGLE WORKERS!
3) What kinds of needs do we have – prioritized.
· We need MONEY
· We have a needs list started at www.efcacrisisresponse.blogspot.com
See contact info below for more info.
We can arrange for delivery of pallet loads of gift-in-kind from most areas in
the East and Midwest
4) Where can I get more info?
5) How can I give?
· Give to TG ‘Hurricane Account’ 21709-3969. Go to www.efcacrisisresponse.blogspot.com and click on giving link on right.
6) Can we give stuff…not just money?
· We are not accepting clothing or shoes!!!!
· See contacts below!
· We will update needs list at least weekly, maybe daily.
7) Who should I contact … about?
· Until we get our office reestablished in Covington – use the cell phones listed. After the office is reestablished, use 985-893-0218 :
a. Volunteer Teams – Katie Hooks email@example.com 704-305-3427
b. $$ Donations – Dorinda Bogran Dorinda.firstname.lastname@example.org 985-705-2416
c. Serving as a part of our staff - email@example.com
e.General Response Quest. - Mark Lewis firstname.lastname@example.org 717-439-3138